Jaipur Abhayindia.com Colonization Minister Sheil Mohammed told the Assembly on Monday that the colonization commissioner referred the case to the state government for guidance on pending jujube sale cases through closed auctions from 2006 to 2013 in the Jaisalmer district. He assured that a proper decision on this matter would be made within the next week so that arrangements could be made to transfer the land into the possession of landless farmers who contributed money in accordance with the law.
The Minister of Colonization responded to additional questions posed by Speaker Dr. C. P. Joshi by intervening during Member Question Hour. He acknowledged that somewhere there was negligence on the part of the officers in this episode. In this connection, the consideration of these cases from 2006 to 2013 has not yet been completed. The rules are clear though. The Minister of Colonization stated that the Government had discussed with the departments concerned the issue of the speedy resolution of these cases, and the necessary instructions and necessary decisions would be taken within the next week.
Earlier in a written response to MLA Ruparam’s original question, Sheil Mohammad revealed that jujube was sold in closed auctions from 2006 to 2013 at the Jaisalmer District Colonization Department. A total of 3,404 cases were received for approval by the Colonization Commissioner’s Department. Of which 2523 cases have been eliminated. There are currently 823 cases pending, of which action has been taken to redress by setting aside 04 cases in accordance with decisions received from respected courts and at the beneficiary’s own application. He said that for the remaining 819 cases, the commissioner has referred the case to the state government for the direction of the colonization department, and the case is pending at the state government level.
